Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hayley, Caitlin, Erin

These are cakes I'd made for my darling nieces, Hayley, Caitlin, and Erin.


This first one is with characters from Richard Scarry's children's storybooks. My kids used to love these books too.


Hayley asked for a butterfly cake. She was into butterflies then.


This was when every kid was crazy about NEMO.


Caitlin really loved the Maisy books. For a change I drew and laminated characters and animals from the storybooks and stuck them onto a "farm". I really liked this one.


Caitlin had started ballet classes so I decided to dress this moist chocolate cake (her favourite) with a sugar paste ballerina. I normally use buttercream to dress my cakes, sometimes with some sugar paste flowers. This was the first time I used sugar paste to such an extent. Was so worried her arms and legs would break. They didn't :D


Last year I asked Caitlin what cake she would like. Of course she wanted a chocolate cake...with a happy face! Now, how was I going to put a happy face on her cake? Asked my boys for help and my youngest one, Jack, thought of a "smiley". I cut out a circle from yellow sugar paste and Jack helped me with the eyes and mouth. He's very artistic and did a really good job! Thanks, Jack xxx


This was for Erin's first birthday. Chocolate again because her sisters just love it! The flowers are buttercream and the name and bumble bees are sugar paste.


Just had to show you a different angle of the cake so you could see the bumble bees "flying". Can you see the bees smiling? :)


Made this last July. Erin's favourite doll, Tini, which she carries everywhere with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment