Monday, May 30, 2011

Omnitrix

This client's son must want an "real" omnitrix real bad! She ordered 25 chocolate cupcakes and a 1.5kg chocolate cake, both with omnitrix design, and the latter for the next week (double celebration!).  I suggested image printing for the cupcakes but she preferred hand-made with sugarpaste. I thought "drat" but little did I realize it was double "drat"! It took me 3 late nights to complete this! Never underestimate a design by it's look! Looks simple, doesn't it? Lots of cutting, fine rolling, and sticking, and I'm very fussy about detail! What made it all worth while was that my client not only loved the design but also the taste! She texted me to tell me even her mother who isn't a cake lover liked it! Wow!
It really helps when my clients tell me what they want, preferably with images, and then we can discuss what I can deliver. It is quite worrying, at least for me, to think that I made something I like but my client might not appreciate. This client not only told but showed me exactly what she wanted! Thanks, Mazatul! :)

2 comments:

  1. This is the first cake I ordered from you (considered trial and you impressed me) so more cakes followed after.. hehehe thanks J!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're most welcome and thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete