Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Family Affair

Hayley's 8th Birthday
Hayley loves Spongebob!
That's Hayley with her little sister, Erin, who wasn't allowed to blow out the candles!


Caitlin's 7th Birthday
Caitlin's favourite characters from her favourite cartoon, Chowder
Sweet Caitlin!


Erin's 4th Birthday
Erin absolutely adores Jessie of Toy Story so her mum requested for a figure of Jessie as the cake topper.  Honestly, I didn't know if I could do it and suggested a figure of Erin holding her favourite toy, Tini. Mum wasn't too happy. At the end we didn't have either designs, as you can see from the pictures, but Erin was totally "blown away" with the cake, and so was everyone else (thank God)!
By the way, this was my first fondant covered cake.
A very happy Erin! 


Father's Day
Making a figure of my dad was a real challenge. I had to use things that were characteristic of him or it wouldn't be him! Didn't know whether to dress him in his favourite outfit (green shirt, dark grey pants and orange shoes) or singlet and sarong, and he had to have his sleeked back hair, large glasses and "tongkat". After much thought I decided on his favourite outfit.
Nothing could have made me happier that night than when he arrived in his favourite outfit!
Dad, surrounded by four of his six lovely daughters! ;)



1 comment: