Monday, July 12, 2010

Special Themed Cupcakes

Ferrari
This client's husband is a Ferrari/F1 fan.  At first she wanted a Ferrari cake but changed her order to cupcakes as she'd never had birthday cupcakes before.  Instead of my normal buttercream designs I decided to use sugar paper printouts.  This was my first time using sugar paper printouts and I was very excited and pleased with the end result.


The Beatles
These were for my friend's daughter's 21st birthday.  The birthday girl sent me pictures of the Beatles' silhouette cupcakes which I used and she also wanted the Union Jack.  I was very excited to add the "Peace" and "Flower Power" signs as it was from my era...just shows how "old" I am!  What was most pleasing was that the birthday girl liked the cupcakes so much she regretted not ordering more! 
(she'd ordered 50 cupcakes)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment